Monday, January 17, 2011

Rendering & Blogging

I'm sitting here with piles of projects on my plate and I have to wait while the computer renders the last project. I think I need two computers. Both identical. Then I can work on one project while the other renders a DVD of the previous project. Yeah, that's the ticket! LOL

But this is part of the process. Work and then wait. I took this time to run to the bank only to realize the banks are closed today. ((sigh))

So here I sit. I can't open a new project and I can't do much else other than blog. The computer is tied up mixing this project down and burning to DVD. Therefore I will muse...

I picked up a couple of cool gadgets in the past few weeks. Christmas gifts to me! First I got another little adapter for mounting monitors and such to the shoe on my camera. These little gadgets are very useful. I use them to transform my umbrella light stand into a quick tripod, mount my 7 inch monitor to the camera and hold an assortment of mics.

I already have another type but this one is just as good, maybe even better. I picked it up from this store on EBay. It has the shoe horn base that will screw into a umbrella light stand. And the shoe on top comes off leaving a nice threaded screw for another camera or item. Very useful and versatile.

Next up I grabbed a set of wheels for my tripod. This dolly is inexpensive and a useful tool. The dolly is pretty smooth but I likely will not be using it as much for dollying, unless I have a smooth surface. I mostly needed it to move the camera around easily when shooting between shoots. I got it as well on EBay here.

When the camera is up on the tripod and all the wires and monitor are hooked into it, it is not easy to move the whole thing and often I need to get the camera around a location. This dolly is superb for that. On a smooth surface you can get impressive dolly shots as well.

It's all metal except for the tripod leg holders, and it's easy to store when not in use, folding up into a nice smaller package. It came with a durable bag as well designed to hold it. This way I can use it on any of my tripods.


So, those are the new acquisitions lately. Just more tools to have when I need 'em. And I always need 'em.
:-D
J.



No comments:

Post a Comment