Thursday, December 9, 2010

Filming Christmas Lights

For the past two weeks my wife and I have been filming Christmas lights each night for a DVD I'm producing. Shooting in freezing weather is not fun, but we have had a blast doing it. Let me tell you, handling a cold metal tripod in 30 degrees is hard on the hands.

This project is called "Christmas Lights in the Pinebelt." A few years ago I came up with the idea to shoot lights and put it to music. I noticed afterward that a couple of companies did it. Or at least I found a couple of DVDs that were sold nationally. So I wrote an article about it and posted it on In The Viewfinder. Later I re-posted the idea again a couple of years later and had intentions to shoot one that year. Alas, I got busy and didn't.

So this year we committed to doing the project. We have shot several homes and some local parks in towns around a 5 county area. The response has been overwhelming and word is spreading. Some folks have heard about us through the grapevine and everyone has been proud to have us come and shoot their lawn.

This is a great project and something to pick up the income during the slower winter months. However i have several jobs this month so all those along with the Christmas Lights project is making December a good month indeed.

I'm happy.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment