Friday, May 13, 2011

How My Garden Grows

How fast is a garden supposed to grow? The reason I ask is it's been weeks and my tomato plants are hardly larger than when we bought them. The onions are coming up nicely and the other items appear to be slow but coming right along. however, the tomatoes are barely growing.

We have them in good soil, with nutrients. We have hanging and planted tomato plants but none of them are growing. Last year a couple of weeks after we planted the hanging one, it was growing fast and produced tomatoes. This year, nadda.

We planted in the middle of March, it's the middle of May and the tomato plants are the same size as when we planted them!!
What gives??

I water them daily. They are in a top soil and manure mixture. They have plenty of room.
I guess I'm no farmer. But our other plants are doing nicely. The onions are on track. The others, though slow appear to be OK but I admit I have little experience with cucumbers, radishes and stuff.

We bought all the soil at Lowe's and mixed it into the boxed area before planting, then Edith and I planted plus added some fertilizer sticks. We don't have weeds and we keep it watered and tended to. It just won't grow!

I'm thinking a big bag of miracle grow might do the trick. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment