Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Voice Of God

In rounding out my studio and looking forward to some Voice Over work coming soon I purchased a Behringer 802 Mixer and Behringer C-1 Microphone.

The mixer has British EQ and a sweet smooth sound that is quiet and balanced. The C-1 microphone is a perfect complement to the mixer. Its sound is rich and luxurious with a nice flat response, and when added to the mixer trims out with resonance and EQ that can't be beat.

It makes me sound like I have the voice of God!

Really, the sound is sweet and deep. Something you can't get with just any microphone. It reminds me of my old days in radio where we had Sennheiser mics and the sound through the control board was crisp and solid. Doing production was fun and sometimes you might be caught falling in love with your own voice.

The C-1 is not the most expensive mic Behringer makes, in fact it's only about $45.00 but man what a sound! The pick-up is forward of the mic and above it, if you speak behind the mic it is practically silent. I also noticed that it isn't too prone to 'plosives, however I will be getting a pop filter.

Together the sound is awesome. With the mixer I can trim the EQ and tone to perfection. Audio is balanced and the C-1 doesn't pick up much background noise.

I grabbed a scissor swing arm too for mounting and now I'm hiding the cables behi
nd the monitor. I'll have to pick up a phone jack to 1/4 inch plug so I can feed the mixer into the new PC. I smell a trip to Radio Shack tomorrow. ;)

Listening to the set up through headphones gives me a very good idea of how it sounds. I'm looking forward to recording something and playing with it a bit.

When I begin working on my new documentary this fall the mixer & mic will come in handy for VO work and maybe even some podcasting. Now to get it organized and get the cables out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment