Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In a calm sea every man is a pilot.

Coaxial helicopters do not favor wind. Due to their design they use centrifugal force to stay level and only pivot left and right. They cannot bank in a turn like a fixed pitch helicopter. So they are susceptible to any breeze that may come along and blow them around.

Because of this the best flying time is in calm winds, and lately it hasn't been calm. I've been flying mostly at night when the sun sets and the winds quiet down. The S033G flys well at night and can easily be seen with its flashing LEDs and forward light. It looks pretty cool at night as well.

Today was an exception, the wind in the afternoon was calmer than usual. I got in one flight before the sun went down and two more flights after dark. Each flight is about ten minutes and then it takes two hours to recharge. I bought two extra batteries to extend my flights and they came in today, but the company sent me the wrong kind. My S033G takes a 7.4 volt battery, they sent the 11.1volt for a different Syma.



So I have to ship them back and wait another week to get the correct batteries for the S033G. And even though it was their mistake sending the wrong batteries,
I have to pay shipping and get reimbursed. Plus wait for more batteries.

Needless to say that pissed me off. Then after contacting support at xheli.com to get a RMA number they promised to send it but no email has come in. That was hours ago. I guess I'll have to call back tomorrow.

In the mean time, the Double Horse 9101 will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I'll have a little video of it for you to watch and enjoy soon. Wish me luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment