Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013, A Flute Of A Year!

Yes, it's been almost a year since I posted. Sorry. As part of my New Years resolution I plan to update this blog more often.  And as such, this will be a 2013 review...

As you can tell from my last post, I got into Native Flutes big time this year. So, most of this post will reflect that journey. However it has been a very busy year. I produced 5 documentaries and the sixth has crossed over the new year, I'm still working on it. Edith and I had a fun patio party with a bonfire for New Years and for Christmas I got a new laptop. The old one was on it's last leg and died December 21st.

Now that I have a new laptop, I can post more often. Typing on the old one was a major pain as the keys would stick. So, 2014 looks like a great year!

Well, now that we have that covered lets go back and re-visit 2013...

Probably the biggest event in 2013 occurred in June. Edith and I traveled to Townsend, TN to The Renaissance of the North American Flute Foundation. RNAFF is a 3 day concert of Native American Flute musicians. It was a wonderful experience.


At RNAFF I met John Sarantos and worked out plans for him to perform at a local church. John came in November to play and conduct a workshop. It was a totally moving experience and along with all of the other experiences on my flute journey, it changed my life. I also got to play onstage with John.


Along the way while planning the John Sarantos concert I was contacted by Randy Granger, another major native flue player. He asked me to set up a gig for him in town and I was able to work with Rita & Robin Clark to have a House Party with Randy as the musical guest. Again, this was an outstanding concert and Randy was terrific!


Both concerts were awesome! I plan to produce more in 2014! I'll continue with more from 2013 in my next post. See you soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment