Wednesday, August 26, 2015

By The Way; New Motorcycle!

"Sombra", My 2001 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
Oh, by the way. I got a new motorcycle! I actually bought it back in July, my gift to me for my birthday.

I will always have a special place in my heart for "Sombra", my Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.  She helped me get my riding legs back, having forward controls and being very nimble I was able to get back on the road even though I still have neuropathy in my legs.

Riding Sombra was total fun and exhilaration, and even though to date I still own her (she is for sale, not sold yet) I know someday she will bring those feelings for another. We had many adventures together!

But, it isn't feasible to own two bikes so the Shadow is looking for a new forever home.

My new (to me) bike is another Honda.

I love the brand!  Honda VTX-1800. The bike is orange with subtle flames on the tank and fenders. She got named "Tigger" pretty quickly. Since she is a beast of a bike, her full name was tagged, "Tigger the Beast". Perhaps it's silly to name a motorcycle, but all my bikes (and computers) have had names. And, I didn't name her alone.
"Tigger" The Beast: 2004 Honda VTX 1800

I was reluctant to go back to a bigger bike, fearing my legs would act up again but Tigger is almost as nimble as Sombra, just bigger and faster. She is a very sensitive bike, just a minute change of the throttle and she will leap forward.

I'm pretty sure this will be my forever bike, and I will likely travel on this one. Plans are already underway for that. More later.

In the meantime I wanted to introduce you to the new addition. This is a Honda VTX 1800. One of the largest motorcycles ever made. It's torque and speed surpass even the Goldwing and Valkyrie.

Tigger has a lower seat than a Goldwing and to me appears more stable and nimble. But, she is a heavy bike and requires attention to that detail. So far, handling her hasn't been an issue with the bum leg.


So, say "HI" to Tigger, and me, if you see us on the roadways out there. I'll be sure to honk. ;)

To learn more about the Honda VTX 1800, here is an excellent article on the bike. She truly is a beast! LINK | CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment