Saturday, May 12, 2012

I had a little incident with the arrival of the Sensei RC airplane.
Here is a post explaining the situation that I placed in our local Facebook forum on Tuesday...


"At 6:30p today I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my plane so I could go to the RC meeting. UPS drove by but didn't stop.
At 3pm the tracking said it was on the truck to be delivered. So I checked the tracking at 6;30p....

"05/08/201 6:27 P.M. The package was damaged in transit. UPS will notify the sender with the details"


Then at 8:35 I get this... "8:35 P.M. Receiver stated they did not order and refused this delivery. / Returned to shipper."


They never called me so I have no idea 'who' refused it, I was at the meeting. 


Now I get... "The package was damaged in transit. UPS will notify the sender with the details. / All merchandise is being returned. "
:::sigh:::"

You can imagine my disappointment. I contacted  Hobby Zone and they were sympathetic. HZ suggested to allow the plane to return and they would inspect it. So I waited and called back Friday when the tracking page indicated it had arrived.

Indeed, HZ confirmed the box was crushed and began the process of shipping another plane. It will probably arrive Wednesday or Thursday. So, I don't have my new plane yet. I'm looking forward to flying a 4 channel plane with ailerons. Two friends at the airfield have this plane and love flying it. For me I think it is a good step up and forward.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter because it is raining this weekend and I would not have been able to fly anyway. Add to this the fact that this has been a busy week working on a documentary I'm producing, and it all worked out okay. I'll get the plane next week and hopefully it will be intact and ready to grab some air time after assembly.

In the meantime, if the weather is nice Monday afternoon, I'll fly the Super Cub. Speaking of the Cub, I've been doing some dressing it up and now it looks different than the stock Cub. Perhaps some photos will be posted soon? We will see... ;)

Video of the Super Cub

No comments:

Post a Comment