Monday, July 2, 2012

First Flight {Sensei}

 I haven't blogged in awhile, been busy. You know how that is.


Anyway, I've been meaning to find some time to slap together this footage my wife shot of the first flight of the Sensei. And tonight I had a few minutes.


I finally got the plane a week after the UPS debacle. It was packaged well and perfect. Didn't take long to assemble and flies well now that I'm used to it.  I've been flying it as much as I can since it arrived. 


The Sensei is a large trainer as you can see in the video below. Coming from flying the Super Cub, this plane is much different. For one it's bigger, but the main difference is this plane has ailerons. The Cub only has elevator and rudder. 

Stearing the Sensei took some time to get used to, with the Super Cub you are steering with the tail and you do the same with the Sensei, but you also have the wing to make adjustments. Or steer only with the ailerons in combination.


Landing is a bit tricky for me as well, the Super Cub would basically drop and slow down easy. This plane tends to want to glide and stay aloft. It will glide for a long distance and needs more runway to slow down.


In the video I got her down but didn't expect her to roll so far and fast. The plane wasn't damaged but my first landing wasn't great. After several attempts to land I just wanted to get her on the ground.
I expected if I cut power it would descend pretty fast. Not so, the Sensei likes to fly! ;)
Anyway, sorry for the delay but here is the video.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment