Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Obsession With Coffee

I love my coffee, anytime!
I love coffee! I love the smell, the taste and the way it keeps me going even when I'm dead tired. I love all the coffee mugs and cups I've collected over the years as well. After all, coffee isn't just about the coffee.

Coffee is an experience. It's a perfect moment where just you and the cup of elixir exist as you drink it. What you put in your coffee and what you put your coffee in, matters. It is a symbosis of flavor, heat, smell, artistic design of the mug, and your taste buds, all forming a perfect symmetry of pleasure.

Each day I choose a coffee mug. Usually the mug will reflect my mood.
My CNN Mug, one of many 'media mugs.'
If I'm deep in a video editing project my mug will probably be the CNN mug, one of my many TV station mugs, or a cup with some quote or saying that feels like that day.  If I'm thinking about riding my motorcycle then I will choose a bike mug. If my flutes are weighing heavy on my mind and I'd rather be playing, some type of musical mug will be in my hand.

I have mugs for every mood. Motorcycle, Flutes, Planes, Native, Media, and the list goes on. I have tall mugs, short mugs and some that are so favorite I'm careful just using them.  My Aztec mug from Mexico is one that comes to mind.

But, the coffee that goes into them are the key to the whole day. Usually I set the coffee pot up to have my coffee begin brewing with the touch of a single button when I get up in the morning.
The coffee may be chosen the night before, based on what I think I will be doing that day.

One button push away from coffee ecstasy!
Or I wait and add the coffee in the morning if I think I may need to.  But in any case, by the time my computer is booted and I'm done with all the morning minutia, the pot is filling with that joyous black nectar that helps me get the day started, .

I have several brands of coffee. I choose coffee by the flavor, not the brand. I love exotic blends and prefer them, but for basic coffee I will choose a medium roast of almost any brand.

As mentioned, I prefer flavors. Caramel is a favorite and Hazelnut, though I lean toward flavored creamers in those two blends. Speaking of creamers, they too can be very important. Especially in winter and around holidays. Nothing sets a fine cup of coffee off the charts than a good creamer in some delicious flavor.

As mentioned in this blog before, I actually like instant coffee.  Though I consider Tasters Choice® and other major instant brands to be slightly above the level of dirt, there are brands I do cherish.

Pampa Instant Coffee
Instant with a good creamer and sugar can be tasty, if done right and you have the right brand. In fact a good decaf is Pampa® Instant Coffee. Mixed with a nice creamer this is usually my warm coffee choice at night when I don't want much caffeine that may keep me awake.

Just nuke a cup of water, add the instant with creamer & sugar and you can have a perfect coffee moment in just a few minutes without having to make a whole pot.

I do not have, nor ever used one of those single cup machines that you put plastic cups of pe-measured coffee into. I'm sure they are nice, but I like a good ole coffee maker to dispense my brew. It's just how I roll. You can keep your Keurig machines.

Well, there ya go. Confessions of a coffee addict. I'm having a cup as I write this blog. Imagine that. LOL
See ya next time. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment